Approximate location — plotted from published sources, not a site visit, and not a guarantee of access.
A single-tower suspension bridge built in 1928–1929 once carried the Yuma–Phoenix highway over the Gila River northeast of Yuma. When the Gillespie Dam route replaced it, the span was left standing over a usually dry riverbed and became known locally as the Bridge to Nowhere. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in the late 1970s.
Cultural sites and artifacts are protected by federal law (ARPA/NHPA) — stay on established routes, touch and remove nothing, and follow the managing agency's and the affiliated tribe's guidance on access.